Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesdays: Farmer's Market Day

I try and get to the farmer's market every Wednesday!! The sidewalks are lined with vendors who have the freshest of fresh veggies and fruits. I usually have to limit myself to $20 or I would definitely be BROKE!!

This week I decided to get a bag of spinach. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it, but I bought it anyways. Maybe I'll make lasagna or manicotti and chop up some spinach to add in? I have never cooked with spinach so this may be interesting.



Radishes, carrots and zucchini are usually an every week item (while in season) and RASPBERRIES, oh my, they are the BEST!!!

Who has heard of fingerlings?? They are by far the best kind of potato there is. They aren't in season very long, so while they are available, I stock up. One would think that you would get sick of potato's, but not these!! I usually either throw them in foil with butter and garlic (an excessive amount of garlic I might add) and throw them on the grill. Or...now that Ziploc has those new steamer bags, I throw them in a bag with the butter and garlic, zap for 5 minutes, and voila, yummy fingerlings!!!



I usually stop on my way to work and if Bryekin goes to Meghan's, we stop before he goes there. The little ladies usually get a kick out of him and he LOVES checking out the crowd!! Til next Wednesday, Happy Gardening!